advocating for great agriculture policy
Agriculture is a vital component of the 86th District. Thomas knows how essential farming is to not only our community but our state as a whole. Because of this, he was proud to be a voice of farmers while serving on the House Agriculture Committee in his first term. Thomas was endorsed by the Michigan Farm Bureau.
Thomas was happy to support great agriculture policy in the legislature. A few of the bills he voted in favor of include:
- Eliminated unnecessary barriers for farmers to install irrigation systems in their fields.
- Reduced regulatory inefficiencies by aligning the Michigan Food Law to the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Updating of the Dry Bean Act.
- Establishing seed potato standards.
- Increasing the allowable length of trucks to transport drainage tile.
Thomas is a strong supporter of the Michigan Right to Farm Act and the Michigan Agricultural Environmental Assurance Program (MAEAP).